[asterisk-users] Asterisk Sip Proxies and SIP persistence

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Thu May 13 09:52:17 CDT 2010

All,

    I am looking into open source idea's for something I play with on
the closed source side. What I am thinking is to get two Asterisk PBX's
behind a single SIP proxy to load balance calls inbound, and potentially
outbound to an external sip provider, with the potential of multiple
provider type lines (SPA3102, and a sip provider) that allows the call
to persist.

What I am looking at is something like what I do at work. Having an F5
with a SIP VIP configured, with persistence set up to follow call-id, or
from, or to, or what ever ends up being best for my environment
(Typically call-id) between 2 to 30 sip servers/engines.

Since this is more dev/research as a way of saving 12,000-38,000 on a
device for testing and learning more in depth on sip in transit in a
home lab environment, I am after something that can do something like
that, though not expecting the performance of an actual F5, or anything
like that.

Thanks in advance,
Seann Clark