[asterisk-users] Simulating a commercial SIP provider

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed May 12 19:09:56 CDT 2010

Quoting Alfredo Peña <arpena at gmail.com>:

> Try using this line in the [general] section of sip.conf in your
> simulated SIP provider machine:
>
> realm=sip.provider.com

No, that didn't seem to make any difference. However, this did:

    insecure=invite

This prevents the "Failed to authenticate on INVITE" errors from
occurring on both sides when INVITE messages arrive with user names
(before the "@" sign) that are only known on the remote system. The
user names are associated with the phones that I use on either end of
the connection.

Unfortunately, I'm forced to use this option on both sides of the
connection, instead of only on the "provider" side. Therefore, it's
still not really the answer that I'm looking for, but it's a step in
the right direction.

Cheers,

Jaap