[asterisk-users] Have a macro update a channel variable

Lee Archer Lee.Archer at thebigword.com
Wed May 12 05:36:59 CDT 2010

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with a macro issue I have.  I need to
set a variable which tells me whether a call has been authenticated
properly.  However this authentication is taking place inside of a macro
and I don't want to use a global variable if it will apply to other
channels.  I've tried using _ and __ with no real success.  Is there a
way of having a macro update a channel variable so when the call ends I
can check the variable and handle according?  I can NoOp the variable in
the macro prior to changing it and it shows what it should.  I then
change the variable to AUTH for a successful authentication and a NoOp
shows the correct value again.  But when the call ends the variable
going back to the original value.

Thanks

Lee