[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.30 is slow sending STDIN to AGI script

Kingsley Tart kingsley at skymarket.co.uk
Tue May 11 11:30:57 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 11:07 -0500, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> FWIW, I would take your STDERR references and give them another handle,
> since you're not really trying to produce a CLI/Console output.
>
> The symptoms you have described in this thread are 100% compliant with "AGI
> protocol violation (their term not mine)" - the last suggest I would give
> you is to do an implicit AGI usage like this:
> my $agi;
> my %input;
> $agi = new Asterisk::AGI;
> %input = $agi->ReadParse();

Hi,

I work with Gareth - we have been working with this together.

Thanks for the suggestion about calling ReadParse() - we didn't need to
use the result of it when calling our AGI script on call answer or
hangup but adding a call to this anyway did remove the "broken pipe"
errors that Gareth was referring to.

I have noticed thought that at the start of the call, we are (in a
separate included file that wasn't posted here) doing a ReadParse()
before doing anything else and in a small percentage of cases, this
appeared to be missing at least some of the variables.

The strange thing is that none of these problems arose with Asterisk
1.4.23 which we have been running for several years prior to this
upgrade to 1.4.30.

Cheers,
Kingsley.