[asterisk-users] Speech/DTMF mix?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue May 11 08:38:34 CDT 2010

All input (DTMF and voice) processed by SpeechBackground are returned to the
dialplan in SPEECH_TEXT(0).  The grammar controls how speech is returned.
When you press DTMF instead of speaking you typically get a speech score of
999 or 1000 (a quick and dirty way of knowing that you pressed one instead
of saying 1).
For question 2, here's how I do it (Vestec since you are using that)
exten => s,1,SpeechCreate(Vestec ASR Engine)
exten => s,n,Set(usedtmf=${ERROR})
exten => s,n,Set(SPEECH_ERRORS=0)
exten => s,n,Gotoif($["${usedtmf}" = "1"]?novr)
exten => s,n,Set(THRESHOLD=710)
exten => s,n,Set(VPVAL=voicegood)
exten => s,n,Goto(start,s,1)
exten => s,n(novr),Set(VPVAL=voicebad)
exten => s,n,Goto(start,s,1)

When processing for speech or DTMF, I check ${usedtmf} before trying speech
function, if it is 1 (error) I use read or Waitexten instead of
SpeechBackground.

(for anybody using Lumenvox, here's the same snippet)
exten => 372,1,SpeechCreate()
exten => 372,n,Set(usedtmf=${ERROR})
exten => 372,n,Gotoif($["${usedtmf}" = "1"]?nolumena)
exten => 372,n,Set(VPVAL=voicegood)
exten => 372,n,Goto(start|s|1)
exten => 372,n(nolumena),Set(VPVAL=voicebad)
exten => 372,n,Goto(start|s|1)