[asterisk-users] Speech/DTMF mix?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 11 04:29:43 CDT 2010

Hi!

> > I think Asterisk will detect the dtmf for you and the speach recognition
> > will detect speach.
>
> That's what I was hoping could be done.  How do you set up the dialplan to
> have both of those functions run simultaneously?

Look at SpeechBackground() that comes with Asterisk.

Look here:
http://www.lumenvox.com/help/speechEngineAsterisk/development/dtmf-and-
speech.htm

"When you call SpeechBackground() to perform speech recognition, Asterisk
listens for both speech and DTMF entry. As soon as it detects a DTMF key
press, it immediately stops streaming audio to the Speech Engine and it
will then collect exclusively DTMF for that interaction."

And yes, it also works in reality. :-) I would assome that the same
applies to Vestec.

Philipp