[asterisk-users] AGI and Severe Weather Alerts

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Mon May 10 23:05:18 CDT 2010

All,

         I am toying with an idea of using an AGI to be able to 'call'
my phone, or phones, in case of severe weather warnings. I have been
tinkering with a script that reads from weather underground for the
forecast, based off a PHP version of a weather AGI I found on the net.
It seems rather trivial to have the AGI as a script, that does nothing
unless a condition is met, and then call out, with a TTS synthesized
read out of the warning, or error seen. I would like to know if anyone
has done this before and what they used to get the warning for their
area's. I haven't a very clear idea of how to parse properly XML data in
either python or perl, but I have templates of what did work (until
formats changed, StormSiren being a python module I used for sms). Also
if I ever get anything to work, and anyone is interested I can share my
code.

Regards,
Seann Clark