[asterisk-users] JNET's qozap, dahdi and PCI-E Quad

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Sun May 9 05:54:31 CDT 2010

2010/5/9 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>

> On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 08:02:49PM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> > 2010/5/8 Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr>
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to dial from one Asterisk box to a Patton 4638 BRI gateway.
> > > I'm only getting this :
> > > [May  8 15:08:24] WARNING[16797]: app_dial.c:1547 dial_exec_full:
> Unable to
> > > create channel of type 'DAHDI' (cause 0 - Unknown)
> > >
> > > My setup is :
> > > Asterisk 1.6.1.18
> > > libpri 1.4.10.2
> > > 1 Junghanns QuadBRI PCI-E express with :
> > > - driver
> > >
> http://webservices.jnetdns.de/~junghanns.net/downloads/jnet-dahdi-drivers-1.0.1.tar.gz<http://webservices.jnetdns.de/%7Ejunghanns.net/downloads/jnet-dahdi-drivers-1.0.1.tar.gz>
> > > - every jumper set to TE mode
> > >

> > > When typing "pri show spans", Asterisk replies nothing :
> > > brs-dev*CLI> pri show spans
> > > brs-dev*CLI> pri show version
> > > libpri version: 1.4.10.2
> > > brs-dev*CLI> dahdi show version
> > > DAHDI Version: 2.3.0 Echo Canceller: KB1
>
> KB1? I wonder why this is preffered to mg2.

I agree with you but in JNET sample config files, as KB1 was mentioned, I
also kept the same value.

> > > Each LED is green but dahdi_scan says :
> > > # dahdi_scan
> > > [1]
> > > active=yes
> > > alarms=OK
> > > description=quadBRI PCI ISDN Card 1 Span 1 [TE] (ca
> > > name=ztqoz/1/1
> > > manufacturer=
> > > devicetype=
> > > location=
> > > basechan=1
> > > totchans=3
> > > irq=0
> > > type=digital-
>
> This means that the driver's 'type' field is not set. As are "irq",
> manufacturer, devicetype and location. Those should be rather simple to
> fix.
>
> > > syncsrc=0
> > > lbo=399-533 feet (DSX-1)
> > > coding_opts=AMI
> > > framing_opts=CCS
> > > coding=AMI
> > > framing=CCS
> > >

> > > 1. Is this syncsrc=0 normal (we're in TE mode) ?
> > > 2. Am I correct to hope "pri show spans" to display something ?
> > > 3. Suggestions ?
>
> Hmmm... not sure.
>

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > I should have said I've tried unsuccessfully with both dahdi 2.2.1.1
> and
> > 2.3.
> > I'm really wondering if PCI-E QuadBRI are supported.
>
> It's not supported?

I don't know ... but using JNET drivers and dahdi doesn't work for me.
I'm still getting on and on empty answers to "pri show spans".

> If so, can you provide its full vendor ID and
> product ID? How does the device appear on 'lspci -vn' (that is: not only
> vendor ID and procut ID, but also the subvendor ID and subproduct ID.

# lspci
06:04.0 ISDN controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network Controller
[HFC-4S] (rev 01)

# lspci -vn
06:04.0 0204: 1397:08b4 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 1397:b752
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
        I/O ports at ec00 [size=8]
        Memory at feaff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

> The newer "jnet" dirvers finally use hardhdlc rather than the faked
> soft-hdlc used in previous versions. Sadly they still use the
> non-standard probing method.

I'm not very aware to probing methods but do you imply JNET drivers should
be probed using a specific command (ie /etc/init.d/dahdi should be changed
to adapt to JNET drivers ?).