[asterisk-users] voipmonitor.org

Martin Vit vit at lam.cz
Sat May 8 07:17:52 CDT 2010

Hello,

I've choosen only MOS-LQE because it is calculated only on network
parameters, which is loss, burstinnes and delay (which is converted to
loss by jitterbuffer simulator). It does not takes into account voice
(payload). There is no effective objective methods (today) which
predicts MOS. Only ITU-T P.862 and P.563 which is patented and it can
analyze only 20 seconds samples. I've tried implementing P.563 and it
is not usable for real live use, only for automated tests which is not
in my interest now (and because of patents). I've calibrated MOS-LQE
with polynomial functions using P.862 PESQ. I will write more on
voipmonitor.org documentation once I've found more time.

I'm using voipmonitor on central gateway and succesfully monitoring
all SIP traffic and filtering calls by the worst MOS. So yes, you can
use that tool for measuring quality of IP network in realtime. If you
save PCAP files, you can analyze it with wireshark in more depth.