[asterisk-users] Multiple SIP lines.

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Fri May 7 18:53:19 CDT 2010

I think it is typical to have some limited number of outbound channels to your SIP provider. You send all calls, up to your limit, to the same place. The phone numbers your provider gave you are used to route inbound calls to your asterisk box. You will typically have some limited number of inbound channels. All people could call the same number, again controlled by the number of channels your provider allows. A reason to have multiple inbound (DID) numbers is so you can route each number to a specific dialplan extension. You might route one number to the CEO of the company and the other to a voice tree that allows the caller to specify the person's extension they want to talk with.
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC