[asterisk-users] DAHDI astribank Channel Unavailable

Kelvin Chan Kelvin.Chan at positronics.com
Fri May 7 18:01:01 CDT 2010

Hi guys,

This has been bugging me for days and I can't figure out what's happening.

Using the same channel on DAHDI, I can't make a call after previous one being hung up by remote side. However, it works like it should if my end hangs up the call. To make things interesting, DAHDI, or astribank rather, seems to "reset" itself after receiving an incoming call on that DAHDI channel.

I looked through asterisk as well as kernel logs, didn't find much. Here's some CLI outputs.

Does anybody have some suggestions what might have gone wrong?

asterisk says:
    -- Executing [311xxxxxxxxxx at 3001-outbound:1] Dial("SIP/3001-00000a02", "DAHDI/31/1xxxxxxxxxx") in new stack
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
  -- Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/3001-00000a02' status is 'CHANUNAVAIL'

dahdi show channel 31 says:

alpha-1*CLI> dahdi show channel 31
Channel: 31>
File Descriptor: 23
Span: 4
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: from-pstn
Caller ID:
Calling TON: 0
Caller ID name:
Mailbox: none
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 0
Signalling Type: FXS Kewlstart
Radio: 0
Owner: <None>
Real: <None>
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: no
Busy Detection: yes
    Busy Count: 5
    Busy Pattern: 0,0
TDD: no
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
DND: no
Echo Cancellation:
        128 taps
        currently OFF
Wait for dialtone: 0ms
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Hookstate (FXS only): Onhook

Kelvin Chan

NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have this communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to me by mail if requested. Thank you for your attention and cooperation.