[asterisk-users] Getting presence working in 1.6.2

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Fri May 7 08:35:41 CDT 2010

On Friday 07 May 2010 08:25:17 Danny Nicholas wrote:
> In which future release of Asterisk are we (since it is open-source, we
> theoretically have "some" control) going to stop renaming and deprecating
> features?

I doubt that will ever happen.  In the case of callcounter, that's not a
rename, anyway; it's merely a reflection of the fact that people want
devicestate, yet limiting calls some some arbitrary number is the legacy
interface (and a bad one, at that).

We will always reserve the right to make improvements.  Sometimes, that
means deprecating poor interfaces.

--
Tilghman Lesher