[asterisk-users] Calls Dropping

Bob Smither Smither at C-C-I.com
Fri May 7 06:05:29 CDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 09:52 -0400, Dan Journo wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Thanks for that. Is there any way I can make the task run in the
> background and free up the console? Also so that I can disconnect my
> ssh session without losing the task.
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Matthieu NICAISE mentioned screen which should work.  Another way would
be to activate the script through cron:

1.  create a script that does a few pings and e-mails the results.
2.  activate the script with cron as often as needed.

Once this is setup, you can quit your ssh access to the remote server.

Contact me offlist if you need more information.

Best regards,
Bob Smither