[asterisk-users] Contact header gets url decoded?

Tom Browning ttbrowning at gmail.com
Thu May 6 18:30:08 CDT 2010

I'm migrating an application running on a fairly old 1.4 (or 1.2?)
version of Asterisk to some boxes running 1.6.0.27

The application takes an inbound INVITE like:
mumble-fratz-sip%3Afoo%40bar.com at asteriskbox.abc.com:5062

The older version of asterisk replies with a 200 OK and a Contact:
header that looks like:

Contact: <sip:mumble-fratz-sip%3Afoo%40bar.com at asteriskbox.abc.com:5062>

Newer 1.6 Asterisk (I've tried 1.6.0.9 and 1.6.0.27) take the
identical call and reply with a 200 OK and a Contact header of:

Contact: <sip:mumble-fratz-sip:foo at bar.com@asteriskbox.abc.com:5062>

And the calling applications appear to not recognize this 200 OK and
never send an ACK and Asterisk eventually throws in the towel on the
call setup

Is there a knob I can adjust this behavior?  The original To: is never
molested in the same way, just the Contact header.

Thanks in advance,

Tom