[asterisk-users] OT: NAT in SPA922

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 6 13:23:49 CDT 2010

Hi!

> > Should I take another approach on that?
>
> Put each PC in its own VLAN.  Keep all the phones in one VLAN.

Note: VLANs are an organisational tool, and do not really add security.

If you want to go with VLANs in thise case then rather consider port
based VLAN (configured in the switch only) instead of the typical tagged
VLAN (802.1Q). There are various midly cheap smart switches around that
support this type of "poor-man's VLAN".

Note: You will then have to have PC and IP phone on the same static VLAN.

Philipp