[asterisk-users] What is billsec in CDR?

Jian Gao jian.gao at sjgeophysics.com
Wed May 5 17:31:46 CDT 2010

adamk at 3a.hu wrote:
> On 05-05-2010 18:00, Jian Gao wrote:
>
>> In my system (Asterisk 1.4.30) I found that if I have some playback() or
>> saydigit() before dial(), the billsec in CDR count all the time includes
>> the playback time. For example, if I dial a number, listen the playback,
>> then just hangup before the call get answered, the CDR show me the time
>> spent doing the playback in the billsec.
>>

> apps like playback do an implicit answer and this fires up the billsec
> counter.

OK, here is my dialplan:
exten => _011X.,1,Set(remainMinutes=${DB(timer/bbFreeLDMinute)})
exten => _011X.,n,Playback(this-call-will-end-in)
exten => _011X.,n,SayNumber(${remainMinutes})
exten => _011X.,n,Playback(minutes)
exten => _011X.,n,Set(ms=${MATH(${remainMinutes}*60000,int)}) ;convert
minutes to ms
exten => _011X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@${LDTrunk1},60,L(${ms}:30000))  ;set
call limit to ${ms}, warning when 30000ms(30 sec) left

Is there any way that Asterisk will record the correct billsec? Or, is
there a different approach?

Thanks for help.

--
Jian Gao