[asterisk-users] Channels In Use

dotnetdub dotnetdub at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:29:03 CDT 2010

Hi List,

If we have a scenario where a customer is using a telephone and their WAN
link goes down for example the channel in asterisk stays marked as in use
and this affects the subscribe also.

*CLI> core show channels
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)

SIP/107-Customer-09abc (None)               Up      AppDial((Outgoing Line))

SIP/101-Customer-09abe s at macro-tl-userexten Up
 Dial(SIP/107-Customer|20|rtT)

The only way to get rid of this active channel I can find is to restart now.
If I restart when convenient asterisk will never restart because it thinks
there is a channel in use.

Were running pure SIP, no PSTN/ISDN trunks on Asterisk 1.4.22 on Debian
5.03.

Are there any CLI commands to free this up or any other ways without having
to restart asterisk.

Regards,
Stephen.