[asterisk-users] Hash Dial Pattern Problems

David Nickel dnickel at gmail.com
Wed May 5 08:22:48 CDT 2010

I have two Asterisk boxe. One is running 1.6 and the other 1.2

The users on the 1.2 system press # plus a local 7 digit number to place
local calls through the trunk to the 1.6 box.

For some reason this dial pattern fails right away with "unavailable". There
is no activity in the CLI. Other patterns for the trunk work just fine.

Dial pattern:
#|. or #|NXXXXXX

exten => _#.,1,Dial(IAX2/trunk/${EXTEN:1},30,r)
exten => _#.,2,Congestion

I have been beating my end with the problem for three days. Any suggestions
would be much appreciated.