[asterisk-users] Transfer calls using ##

hin lee hin87 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 23:58:32 CDT 2010

I have a question about the blind transfer
using ##.  This works great on our cordless phone, but there have been
occasions that we can't transfer using ##.  I was able to reproduce the
issue by doing the following:

1) Call in from the outside line,
2) Ask the operator to transfer me to an extension using ##.
3) Get the voice mail greeting of the individual.
4) Hit 0 for the operator before the greeting completed.
5) Ask the operator to transfer me again using ##.
6) Operator can't transfer and I can hear the pressing of the keys.

Why can't I transfer the call the second time around?  How can I fix
this?