[asterisk-users] Bridging old system (ESI IVX E) with new Asterisk server - it is robbery!

Eddie Mikell eddie at rimmkaufman.com
Tue May 4 12:56:42 CDT 2010

All,

Thanks for the suggestions, but the system is a plan non-sip, non-ip,
non pri setup.  It's pretty much a closed box setup.

And the prices for the card and support are robbery - which is why we
aren't going to go with another setup like that.  While it has been
reliable - I don't think there has ever been an issue with it, expansion
is expensive.  The local company was gouging us with $200 per incident
(ie add an extension) service calls, until I found an installation
manual on google, and downloaded.  They griped because I was using it,
but hey, it wasn't that hard to figure out.

So might as well jump off the cliff and go full scale asterisk!

Thanks,
Eddie