[asterisk-users] sending T.38 fax negotiation problem

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 4 07:03:26 CDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 06:30 AM, Miguel Amez wrote:

> I'm experiencing the same problem with t38modem and hylafax.
> My problem is that on the re-Invite phase it syncs lower than 2400 bpps
> and the connection hangs on the second page.

The patch I'm talking about won't affect t38modem and Hylafax usage at
all. If the re-INVITE arrives before you have connected the call to
t38modem, the negotiation process will very likely fail.

> Could you please post here the patch for asterisk 1.6.2.4 or even
> indicate which is the trunk of asterisk where this patch take effect?

The patch for 1.6.2 is being tested today and should be merged before
the end of the day. It won't be for 1.6.2.4, because that's not the
current release, but will be against 1.6.2.7. It will be in a 1.6.2
release candidate in a few days.

Once the patch is in 1.6.2, we'll release a new version of Fax For
Asterisk that can take advantage of it... hopefully also this week.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com