[asterisk-users] Calls Dropping

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Sun May 2 07:34:22 CDT 2010

> my advise check your internet connection on the remote location and keep a ping from that network to your server running all the time to check for time outs.

How can i log a continuous ping test to a file and include the date and time of each ping?
I've found this bash code but it only logs once the tests have all finished. If I set it to continuous and then kill the task when I want to view the pings, it doesn't record the data.

#!/bin/sh
NOW=$(date +"%T %m/%d/%Y")
PING=$(ping -qc 5 example.com | grep '5 packets')
echo $NOW: $PING >> /home/matt/ping.log
exit 0

Thanks
Dan