[asterisk-users] Reset personal voicemail settings

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Wed Mar 31 15:52:38 CDT 2010

Felix Tiefenthaler wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> can anyone tell me how to reset/delete all modifications (personal
> greeting message, personal name, ...) I made in my voicemail?
> I just want to get the default automatic computer messages back.
>
> thank you!
>
> greets
> felix

If you are storing voicemail on the file system, then you can just go to
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/<context>/<mailbox>/ and delete the items in there
that you want to. The "INBOX" and "Old" folders contain new and old messages.
Anything else in there will be greetings and other similar recordings.

Mark Michelson