[asterisk-users] Priority based softhangup

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Mar 30 14:09:04 CDT 2010

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, mir shahnawaz wrote:

> Is it possible to softhangup a channel based on priority. I mean I want
> to put some calls in higher priority lets say 100. If all channels are
> busy and somebody wants to dial an extension with priority higher than
> 100. How can softhangup drop a line which has priority less than 100? I
> will appreciate your valuable help.

In Asterisk, a "priority" is the "step number" in a dialplan. For example:

 	exten = *,5,	verbose(1,foo)

"5" is the priority.

It sounds like you want to have an "executive" class that can step on an
"underling's" call. Maybe setting a global channel variable or tracking
resource usage in a database would work.

--
Thanks in advance,