[asterisk-users] Asterisk system for church call center

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Mon Mar 29 16:11:52 CDT 2010

Hi Frank

I have found Freepbx on top of Asterisk a good solution for the church I look after and the rest of my customers, the callcentre functions you need are built in it and if they have someone technical then they can expand what they are doing

It has both queues and ring groups (which are often all they need)

I would imagine you just send them to an IVR or mailbox to ask for their name and details then move them into a higher priority second queue

Elastix has Sugar in it I believe and looks okay but I like debian/ubuntu as a base distribution rather than Centos so haven't gone that way.

However most of my customers still struggle with the concepts involved in telephony so while they are happy to look at it while I am there they forget quickly how to drive it or lose their nerve, especially the church which is faith focussed rather than tech focussed ;-)

Because of that I think you want the easiest system for you to maintain remotely and elastix or freepbx is pretty easy. It also allows you to say this is available, this is not which is useful in narrowing down requirements.

Cheers Duncan