[asterisk-users] Slightly more advanced dialling..

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 14:24:43 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have done it a few times. Just posted a small blog about it with code.
Check it at www.ilovetovoip.com/?p=322. I hope it'll help you.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria

On 2010-03-29 11:07 AM, "Philipp von Klitzing" <
klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

Hi!

> I'm wondering if it is possible to ring X number of extensions
> simultaneously, and each answer...
You might want to explain what you are trying to do.

Dial() can handle this by using something like SIP/peer1&SIP/peer2
The first one that answers wins. Look at the Dial option M to run a macro
after the call has been answered.

Also have a look at FollowMe() since it can do parallel calling.
Or read up how to create a bunch of .call files using System() and a
script.

> I can do a huntgroup-esque way of dialling, but I want all the dialled
> numbers to be picked up....
Do you mean to say: "I want all dialed numbers to keep on ringing until
they are answered, regardless if the initial callers has already been
taken care of by the first extensions that reacted"?

In the Asterisk world, and usually in the PBX world in general, pick up
has specific and different meaning (see *8 or app_pickup).

Philipp