[asterisk-users] 24 FXS Port Voip Gateway and Asterisk

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Sun Mar 28 21:01:21 CDT 2010

At 19:55 3/28/2010, Joseph Begumisa wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can anyone recommend a 24 fxs port voip gateway
>that has worked well with asterisk? Â I have a
>couple of analog handsets that I want to hookup
>to my asterisk server? Â Any tested and tried
>product recommendations are welcome. Â Thanks.

You may want to buy 12 Linksys PAP2s.  Have used
8 port, and 24 port boxes in the past.  The problem
with this is if just one port goes bad, you need
to replace the whole unit.  Also, you need to keep
spares on hand.

 From getting burned in the past, I would recommend
using multiples of these 2 port ATAs, and keeping a
few spares on hand.