[asterisk-users] rtp.conf ports for inbound or outbound?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Mar 26 11:56:08 CDT 2010

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 25 mar 2010 kl. 13.14 skrev Michelle Dupuis:
>
>> I can't find this in the wiki/email history..but I'm sure it's based asked before.
>>
>> The port range define in rtp.conf - is that for connections initiated by asterisk?  Or the port range asterisk listens on?  Or both?
>>

> These are the ports Asterisk use for INCOMING media, the ports we listen on.
>
> /O

Yes, I may have misinterpreted the question in my previous response. Asterisk
will use this port range on both incoming and outgoing calls. However, the port
range specified, as Olle says, is the range used in SDPs and thus the port that
Asterisk will instruct the far end to send the media to.

Mark Michelson