[asterisk-users] Transcoding question

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Thu Mar 25 18:10:08 CDT 2010

Jim-

> There will be up to 150 phones so there will be 300
> channels when they are all on the phone at one time.
>
> I will be using a current 1.4 version.

That's a lot of channels for Asterisk... IIRC the TC400B transcoding card is rated at up to 96 G729 channels.

Can you clarify your recording requirement?  Do you mean you want to record compressed (G729) channels, or
uncompressed (G711 or 16-bit PCM)?  You could try to avoid transcoding by using softphones that can do G729, then
you'd have a pass-thru situation -- but if you need to record uncompressed .wav files, then this wouldn't work.

-Jeff

>>> http://www.cfmc.com/