[asterisk-users] new server install errors starting asterisk

Ott Rose sixfourimpala at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 16:58:17 CDT 2010

well here is what i did to solve it but i still don't know why i had to or why my current config works.

i edited /etc/rc.local

old
touch /var/lock/subsys/local
/usr/local/sbin/amportal start

new
touch /var/lock/subsys/local
/usr/sbin/amportal start

keep in mind that my server that i have been using or months now has this
touch /var/lock/subsys/local
/usr/local/sbin/amportal start

can anyone explain this?