[asterisk-users] installing dahdi card

Ott Rose sixfourimpala at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:59:56 CDT 2010

> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:42:09 +0200
> From: tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] installing dahdi card
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 07:18:52PM +0000, Ott Rose wrote:
> >
> > i have this card installed
> >
> > Digium, Inc. Wildcard AEX800 8-port analog card (PCI-Express)
> >

> > following the steps below found on freepbx site
> >

> > cd /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.0.2+2.2.0
>
> That's not the latest. Please use latest dahdi (currently 2.2.1).

    sorry i did get 2.2.1 i copied that form old doc i had.

> > make
> >
> > make install
> >
> > make config
> >
> > /sbin/ztcfg
>
> Nope. dahdi_cfg .

  i have dahdi_cfg in /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.1+2.2.1/tools
  not sure what i need to do with it.

 can you give me some more details. i have never had to build asterisk with a card before.

> But actually:
>
>   dahdi_genconf modules
>   /etc/init.d/dahdi start
>   dahdi_genconf
>   /etc/init.d/dahdi start
>
> This should provide you with an initial configuration.
>
> > echo "/sbin/ztcfg"
>
> Nope . 'make config' installs the dahdi init.d script. If it doesn't,
> it's a bug that should be fixed (and just copy it manually)

chkconfig --list dahdi
 0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

i don't fully understand how this is setup or how to set it up. sorry if i am not providing enough info.