[asterisk-users] software version (lets try it again)

Ott Rose sixfourimpala at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:26:52 CDT 2010

what is the general view about the versions of the packages that are used with asterisk.

lame
asterisk
asterisk-addons
dahdi
libpri

like to say on a version and not upgrade due to my experience with
Linux and upgrading screwing up things. When it comes to Asterisk i
have only one server build under my belt and I have had issue along the
way.

What do most people do with the software versions? In
general if i have a stable system and there is no reason like security
or new needed features i don't upgrade. Should i do new builds with the
same config (old packages) that i know works?