[asterisk-users] Restarting Asterisk using a script - Thanks to all -

Jose P. Espinal jpe at slackware-es.com
Wed Mar 24 11:22:04 CDT 2010

Hi there,

a. You could (maybe) use PHP and send some command via POST, and (after
secure/validating the command) use 'exec()' function in php, or
'system()' function.

Note: that would require to have a webserver with php installed on it.
And allowing the user under which the webserver runs, to restart
asterisk via sudoers file.

b. You could use a shellscript that sends the command via SSH.

In order to avoid password prompt, you could generate a RSA (or DSA) key
pair on the machine that will send the command, and copy the rsa_key.pub
content on your asterisk box 'authorized_keys'.

That would allow you to execute the command remotely via SSH without
having to insert the password manually.

Note: you could consider using a very limited user on the asterisk box,
and with sudoers file allowing it just to restart Asterisk.

Regards,

--
Jose P. Espinal
http://www.eSlackware.com