[asterisk-users] Can I call myself on the same machine

ayodele abejide ayodeleabejide at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 18:40:34 CDT 2010

I am a newbie to asterisk, I have a complete installation of
asterisk running on my ubuntu machine and I have x-lite installed also, I would
like to know if I can call myself on the same machine, because whenever I try
to call myself I get an engaged tone. My configuration file settigns are as
below:

sip.conf:

[general]

context=default

srvlookup=yes

[1000]

type=friend

secret=welcome

qualify=yes

nat=yes

host=dynamic

canreinvite=yes

context=internal

extensions.conf:

[globals]

[general]

autofallthrough=yes

[default]

exten => s,1,Verbose(1|Unrouted call handler)

exten => s,n,Answer()

exten => s,n,Wait(1)

exten => s,n,Playback(tt-weasels)

exten => s,n,Hangup()

[incoming_calls]

[internal]

exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/john)

exten => 611,1,Echo( )

[phones]

include => internal

and when I run sip show peers on my CLI console I get:

Name/username
Host            Dyn Nat ACL
Port     Status

1000
(Unspecified)    D   N
5060     UNKNOWN

1 sip peers [Monitored: 0 online, 1 offline Unmonitored: 0
online, 0 offline]

I would appreciate soonest response to the mail.

Best Regards