[asterisk-users] DUNDi Confusion

Shina Owolabi shinacalypse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 09:31:50 CDT 2010

Dear community,

Please help. I've been looking around the internet (and in this great forum)
for help with DUNDi setup between servers (I'm using Elastix) and while I
can get my servers to lookup extensions on each other very well, I have not
been able to successfully make calls between servers. For my test
environment, I have 3 servers setup for now, and these are the steps I've
followed:

1. I edited dundi.conf on each server to have the following info:
(this listing is for all servers)
[mappings]
priv => ext-dundi,0,IAX2,priv:${SECRET}@
'server-hostname'/${NUMBER},nopartial

[00:1C:C0:65:34:04]
model = symmetric
host = 192.168.1.128
inkey = priv
outkey = priv
include = all
permit = all
qualify = yes
order = primary
dynamic = yes
[08:00:27:57:6E:0E]
model = symmetric
host = elastix-1
inkey = priv
outkey = priv
include = all
permit = all
qualify = yes
[08:00:27:15:0E:F1]
model = symmetric
host = elastix-2
inkey = priv
outkey = priv
include = all
permit = all
qualify = yes
order = primary
dynamic = yes

2. I also edited extensions_custom.conf in each server to have:

[ext-dundi]
include => ext-local
include => ext-paging
include => ext-intercom-users
include => ext-group
include => ext-meetme

3. I also created an IAX2 Trunk called 'priv' using FreePBX (placing
information below only within the PEER Details(this trunk shows up as
'IAX2/priv' in FreePBX/Elastix web configurator):

[priv]
type=friend
dbsecret=dundi/secret
context=from-internal
trunk=yes

4. I also created a DUNDi Trunk called 'priv' as well in FreePBX and edited
only the DUNDI Mapping in there. This too shows up as 'DUNDi/priv' in the
FreePBX/Elastix web configurator.

The next steps to do is what confuses me. My DUNDi lookups and queries work
fine, and I have no firewalls between the boxes.
I have created a route called dundi-outside in each server's FreePBX that
references the DUNDi/priv route, and subsequently deleted it, because
whenever i try to make calls i get either an 'all-circuits-are-busy' error
msg, or i get a
'call-cannot-be-completed-as-dialled-please-check-the-number-and-dial-again'
error.

I'm really confused as what is going wrong. Am I (surely) missing something?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon.

--
best regards,