[asterisk-users] Asterisk general Timeout for digits

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 09:31:47 CDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I have a need to alter the general timeout in Asterisk. I am wondering if
this is something that is hard coded into Asterisk code or if there is a
parameter that can be set somewhere.

For outbound, I am using x. and hence unless I append a # sign, I would have
to wait maybe 5 seconds or so for the call to go through. Is there anywhere
in Asterisk that I can change this 5 seconds to let's say 1 second? I
understand that there might be the risk of dialing the number unfinished but
that's okay with me. Also, for my situation, I can't use
specific dial-plans so please guide me to the general timeout parameter if
it exists.

Thanks,
Bruce