[asterisk-users] basic pc to pc voip in lan

kartik manocha koolkartik87 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 05:24:38 CDT 2010

Hey everyone

The question that i am putting up will sound a bit odd as i am a
newbie to asterisk. I have downloaded and install the asterisk and had
a look at some of the configuration files like sip.conf, users.conf
and extensions.conf. Now my question is that I want to do voip with
another pc in LAN, what shall i have to do to implement this and i
guess it will be possible without any hardware because at the moment i
don't have any. I know that for  voip only there are other softwares
like skype which are quite easy to operate but I wanna learn
implementation of asterisk.

Please explain the answer keeping in mind that there is a newbie here. :)

Thanks

Regards
Kartik