[asterisk-users] Polycom not updating the directory list

hin lee hin87 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 00:56:08 CDT 2010

anyone?

________________________________
From: hin lee <hin87 at yahoo.com>
To: Asterisk Users <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Fri, March 12, 2010 10:08:53 AM
Subject: Polycom not updating the directory list

Hi,

I have a strange problem with all of our Polycom 550 & 650 phones.  I am running a TFTP server on my Asterisk server and option 66 Boot Host pointing to Asterisk on my DHCP server.  The auto-provisioning is working because the phones are registering correctly with their extension.  If I change the MAC.cfg file to another extension and reboot the phone, it will reflect the new ext.

The part that doesn't work is the <MAC>-directory.cfg.  If I make an update to this file and reboot the phones, they do not reflect the new directory list.  The only way I was able to get the phone to see the new directory list was to "Format" the phone.  Of course this is not the ideal way.  Also to add, the <MAC>-directory.cfg files point to 0000000000000-directory.xml.  This way I only have one file to maintain.

Anyone knows why it's not pull the new <MAC>-directory.cfg file.

Thank you!