[asterisk-users] Asterisk DIES with no trace. PLEASE HELP!

Danny Dias ing.diasdanny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:08:10 CDT 2010

Hello my friends

We are having seriously problems with our asterisk server, our versions are
as follows:

WANPIPE Release: 3.4.7
Asterisk 1.4.21.2
Zaptel Version: 1.4.11
libpri version: 1.4.10.2

The symptoms are very weird, the CLI stop working suddenly, a core show
channels shows MANY channels FREEZED, the incoming and outgoing calls stop
working, the internal calls stop working, in resume we have to kill the
asterisk process and restart asterisk again in order to have asterisk
working good again

I'm remote, all my work is done using ssh; i read in google and maybe my
problem is DNS, people say that when you lose internet the asterisk goes
down, but the problem now is that i'm remote so the internet on the asterisk
site is not lost, if that was the case my connection should be lost

What should i check? i'm very weird about this

this is the output from ps -A | grep asterisk

[root at localhost ~]# ps -A | grep asterisk
16105 ?        00:00:09 asterisk
16255 pts/0    00:00:00 asterisk

[root at localhost ~]# ps -aux | grep asterisk
Warning: bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See
/usr/share/doc/procps-3.2.3/FAQ
root     16105  0.4  0.2 28700 11476 ?       Sl   14:59   0:09
/usr/sbin/asterisk -f -vvvg -c
root     16255  0.0  0.0  3364 1208 pts/0    S+   14:59   0:00 rasterisk r
root     16465  0.0  0.0  4572  640 pts/3    S+   15:32   0:00 grep asterisk

Please HELP!