[asterisk-users] Using asterisk as avaya definity recording server

Muro, Sam research at businesstz.com
Wed Mar 17 11:42:19 CDT 2010

Hi there

Looks like someone hasnt done this!! I have been thinking and find out
that Monitor/Spy and the likes wont help me as the call need to be bridged
with the asterisk core or via channel drivers.

My final shot now is on Record() function. Since the legacy system will
forward the call to the monitoring interfaces when bridged within itself,
it the interface in on Asterisk, then we can capture the pattern and use

exten =>
#CALLER_NUMBER#CALLED_NUMBER,1,Record(/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/avaya-${EXTEN:1:4}-${EXTEN:4:4}:wav)

This assume that Len(CALLER_NUMBER) = 4

Anyone with alternative solution?