[asterisk-users] dnd

Ott Rose sixfourimpala at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:52:51 CDT 2010

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:38:00 -0400
From: matt at mattgwatson.ca
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] dnd

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Ott Rose <sixfourimpala at hotmail.com> wrote:

I did a clean install to freepbx 2.6.1 and now when i do *76 i get a 1 second
flash on the screen then the phone hangs up. the FOP says it is on DND
but some ext are still getting calls. once i do a *76 FOP still says I
am on dnd. I am running asterisk 1.6.0.21.

before i was getting a message like dnd activated and dnd deactivated.

i posted this on the freepbx site and here is what i got

"DND should not have seen any change in 2.6.1???"

I sympathize with your problem, but posting a fpbx-specific problem here is kind of like calling up Microsoft and asking "Why does Adobe Photoshop  say Error 652 when I click on the eraser".

You may want to try messaging Phillipe, one of the fpbx devs, on the fpbx forums, he is normally pretty helpful.  His username on their forums is p_lindheimer.
The first thing you probably want to do however, is turn up verbose and perhaps debug logging on Asterisk to find out exactly what is going on when you are trying to turn on/off DND.  As for not hearing anything, it may be something as simple as audio files being missing or in the wrong location.  That may account for you not getting audio feedback when turning dnd on/off.

You may not get everything you need for trying to figure out why calls are coming through on extensions with DND turned on from Asterisk logging though as fbpx does a lot of call-setup stuff through an AGI file - 'dialparties.agi' and I'm not sure how good/bad its logging is.

Have you considered simply upgrading to the latest fpbx release?  2.7 was released about a week or 2 ago.
--Matt

thanks for the help. Phillipe was the one that responded to my post on freepbx site. I will try your suggestions about debuging.