[asterisk-users] DID/CID doesn't match "." (dot) in CID field

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Tue Mar 16 09:18:21 CDT 2010

> exten => test.skype/example.skype,1, NoOp(nothing)
> exten => test.skype/example.skype,n, Hangup()
>
> As you can see, the "." (dot) is disappeared and, of course, CID matching
> doesn't work as I aspected.
> I've try to escape "." with something like that "\.", but nothing.
> It seems that asterisk doesn't consider "." in DID/CID  evaluations.
> This is an important point, because many Skype account uses "dot" notation.

I've been having the same problem.  I tried various escapes and couldn't
get it to work and I think there was also a length-related component to this.
I ended up doing something like:

  exten => _test.,1,Goto(some_context,${FILTER([a-z][0-z],${EXTEN})},1)

I think there's some sort of bug or misfeature here, but I gave up trying to
see exactly what it was.