[asterisk-users] Asterisk to be used with Ciscs media gateways

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Mon Mar 15 12:13:41 CDT 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Mohit Saxena wrote:

> We are a mobile operator so has to work with the PSTN side E1s from the
> Mobile switch. This is the reason for using Cisco Media gateways.

I know you may be stuck with them, but you could just as easily plug in a
Digium/Sangoma/Rhino T1/E1 card (or Xorcom channel bank?) into your
asterisk box and you would be able to accomplish the same thing, but in
IMO a much more asterisk-friendly way.

Can't help you with the Cisco config... you will need to post a lot more
details about your asterisk config if you want help on that side.