[asterisk-users] Asterisk to be used with Ciscs media gateways

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:47:52 CDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:42 AM, Mohit Saxena <MohitS at starcomms.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to do this since 2 days but couldn't make it....need your help..

Well, you could certainly ask Cisco for help.
You did pay Cisco money, right?

> PSTN-----Cisco AS5350-------Asterisk Box--------VoIP Providers

> I am able to place call from cisco gateway to the asterisk box and also to some softphones extensions but >when making a call from softphone from asterisk box to PSTN, it fails. While I debug on Cisco gateway I found >that the To field is SIP header is coming as sip:41.205.190.15 which is not correct, instead it should be dialed >number:41.205.190.15

Then the problem seems to be between your asterisk box and your Cisco.
Perhaps if you told us what you were trying to SIP dial, we would be
able to tell us what you did wrong.

> Has any one of you tried using Asterisk in this scenario

yes.

> and also to do LCR and Quality based routing of International calls?

I don't know what that means.

> Please let me know if there is any documentation /example of this kind available

There is.
cisco.com
you pay them, then you can use their documentation.