[asterisk-users] install asterisk from binaries

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Mar 14 04:22:00 CDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 08:43:09AM +0000, Joao Gomes Pereira wrote:
> Hello
> I'm trying to install Asterisk in a Linux server without compiler, yum
> or apt-get.
> Is this possible? Where can I find the pre compiled binaries?

Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE and Ubuntu include binary packages of Asterisk.

Digium maintains a yum repository of packages for Centos5:
http://packages.asterisk.org/

There are various other binary distributions that include Asterisk, such
as http://trixbox.org/ and http://elastix.org/ , both include FreePBX
and other stuff as well.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen