[asterisk-users] DID forwarding ?

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 16:08:51 CST 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Thomas Perron <thomas.perron at gmail.com> wrote:
> DID number A.
> I have a DID (a regular line from Verizon).  number A.
> Can I have A ported to my SIP provider?
> Then, interface the A DID to my system so that I can build a solution.
> I want to write an IVR for the A number and allow callers dialing A to
> interact with my Asterisk machine.
> I need to keep number A.
> Kindly advise
>
> --

Numbers can be ported to SIP providers, just check for it on the
provider you're interested in using.
"a regular line from Verizon" means not a mobile number right? Mobile
numbers might not be as portable but I am not an expert.

Read up on asterisk if you haven't already, theres howtos online and I
know theres at least one book on the subject.
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/