[asterisk-users] Asterisk Management API

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Mar 11 15:09:09 CST 2010

On 9/03/10 9:13 PM, Peter Childs wrote:
> Also is there some way to get the starting end to auto pickup, (or at
> least hit for this to happen (I'm using SIP if that helps))

When you make an originate request it works like this:

1. Call is made to the "Channel" parameter.
2. When the "Channel" answers it connects the other end to the
application/context/extension.

So, send the channel to the SIP device and then the other end won't
start till the SIP device picks up.

>> 2. Send DTMF to the far end, PlayDTMF looks like it should work but it
>> seams to send the Play the DTMF to my end not the far end.
>
> I seam to be able to send it to the far end by finding far end
> channel's name and using that instead, but this does not work if the
> far end is not a channel, (eg the Answer phone) but I hope that will
> not really be a problem...

Again, looks like you have the order of the channels round the wrong way.

If you originated to a SIP device and sent the other end to the
application PlayDTMF, then it would be sent to the SIP device (if that's
what you want).

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell