[asterisk-users] SIP Phone for conference room use.

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Thu Mar 11 08:45:41 CST 2010

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:56:05 +0100, Tommy Botten Jensen wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm looking for a good phone SIP phone for conference room use.
>
>My requirements are in order:
>* Speaker quality
>* External microphone support.
>* Provisioning support / asterisk compatibility.
>
>Does anyone have any experience on this field?
>
>I'm willing to stretch on price to get decent quality.

Any Polycom Soundstation model will be more than acceptable. We use the
IP6000 and love it. Meets your criteria for extension mic's & speakers.

The IP4000 model was discontinued, and did not support HDVoice. HDVoice
makes a huge difference if you can make calls IP-to-IP. It makes
conferencing seriously better.

I've also trialed the Konftel/snom MeetingPoint
(http://www.mgraves.org/voip/2009/07/initial-impressions-konftel-300-spe
akerphone/) . It's very good as well, and can be had with a diversity
of interfaces; analog, IP & USB making it very versatile. It also
records to a SD card if you need.

Michael Graves

--
Michael Graves