[asterisk-users] CallerID presented in Asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Mar 11 07:03:51 CST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 08:21:09PM +0800, Gopalakrishnaiyer Venugopal-Q16770 wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am restricting the caller ID from the SONUS class 5 server towards
> the asterisk.

What does (technically) a "restricted caller ID" mean? How should I be
able to tell a caller ID string is restricted?

> [channels]
> group = 1
> echocancel = yes
> signalling = pri_cpe
> switchtype = euroisdn
> context = Internal
> channel = 1-15,17-31

That's a PRI span. Are you talking about caller ID from calls coming
from the E1?

Below you have a number of extra FXS channels. Those don't get the
caller ID from the remote party (only set the caller ID).

> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> hidecalleridname = no
> callwaiting=no
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> cidsignalling=bell
> cidstart=ring
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echotraining=yes
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> callprogress=no
> callerid=asreceived
> pickupgroup=1
> pridialplan=national
> ;FXS module
> group = 5
> signalling = fxo_ks
> context = Internal
> channel = 33-39
> usecallerid = yes
> hidecallerid = no
> callerid = PSTN <8001234000>
> callwaiting = no

Those last 4 lines have no effect at all, as they are after the last
'channel' line.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com