[asterisk-users] SIP Phone for conference room use.

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Mar 11 06:43:03 CST 2010

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010, Tommy Botten Jensen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a good phone SIP phone for conference room use.
>
> My requirements are in order:
> * Speaker quality
> * External microphone support.
> * Provisioning support / asterisk compatibility.
>
> Does anyone have any experience on this field?
>
> I'm willing to stretch on price to get decent quality.

Polycom IP4000 with external mics.

Expensive, but they've been doing conference phones for a very long time
so seem to know what they're doing.

The few I've installed, I've just used their web interface to setup the
SIP account. Royal PITA as it seemed to require a reboot for every change,
however you get there in the end...

Gordon